Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome and introductions

This blog is the result of a long-standing interest in the whys and wherefores of disaster, both manmade and natural. I enjoy researching how things happened, what cascade of coincidences had led up to the circumstances under which disaster was inevitable, and what the investigations into these events have taught us for the future. Documentary series such as Seconds from Disaster are fantastic resources for the casual investigator; however, digging around the web can often provide official disaster investigation reports, which give a more in-depth understanding of the sequence of events.

Enjoy, and do let me know if you have a favourite disaster you'd like to have presented.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I realize I'm about five years late, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed these articles. Thanks for a couple of hours of morbidly fascinating reading :)

    ReplyDelete